Our client has a permanent full-time role as a Senior Systems Engineering group to support a DOD program in the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, area.
In this role, the successful candidate will use your creativity and innovation to perform various software engineering tasks to support defense industry-related programs and others in the greater Philadelphia area. Your role will focus on the detailed design, coding, integration, and testing of major Department of Defense systems. The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience with all stages of the software lifecycle, from direct customer negotiation and requirements definition through deployment and end-user product support. Ideally, you will have a strong, multidiscipline technical background and experience as an independent programmer, lead developer, or software engineering team lead. In this role, you will be part of a small team performing various engineering tasks and activities concerned with software development, system integration, hardware/software integration, failure analysis, testing, and verification of system and subsystem requirements for major Department of Defense systems.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Define and document derived requirements for the software, implement and test the software, integrate the software with the hardware data acquisition system, and then support the software during system-level testing.
- Provide input to trade studies, analysis, and documentation to supplement the development of Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs) and Engineering Service Requests (ESRs).
We want you on our team if you have:
- At least five years of related industry experience developing software applications and eight years of engineering experience overall.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- Experience working in a DevSecOps Environment
- Familiar with Atlassian tools, including Jira and Confluence
- Experience building and maintaining software executables and managing source files using software configuration management tools.
- Ability and desire to rapidly learn new frameworks (mobile, servers…) and new languages
- A solid understanding of concurrent programming in distributed architectures
- Working knowledge in data acquisition and instrumentation systems, embedded software development, and the integration and testing of embedded systems.
- Experience with the Cyber Hardening process.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, weekends & holidays.
- Ability to travel to CONUS and OCONUS sites.
- Ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance.
U.S. Citizenship is required.
Other desired qualifications include:
- Experience with airborne sensors and surveillance systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as demonstrated by a record of influencing internal leadership and external customers on design decisions.
- Current U.S. DOD Secret Security Clearance.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com