Our client has an opportunity as a Senior Systems Engineer, the scope of the position requires a proven track record in a lead role in the development of requirements for multi-segment (hardware/software/network) payloads for Airborne Surveillance & Communication Solutions on accredited programs.
This position requires the ability to understand all levels of requirements including direct customer negotiation and flow-down. Candidates must have the ability to work with Design Engineering to develop verification and validation requirements. Experience in the development and ownership of detailed CDRL’s (CONOPS, Initialization, etc.) are also required. The ideal candidate will have a strong, multi-discipline technical background and will work directly with internal technical IPT’s developing requirements and associated documentation, as well as take a lead role in collaborative requirements development with the customer and prime contractor. The is not a management/supervisor position.
- Conduct Trade studies at the direction of Chief Engineer/EPM
- Lead Engineering Change Proposal (ECP) pre-approval efforts; proposed technical solution, cost & schedule ROM (including material), and alternate Course of Action analysis
- Function as Lead System Engineer for approved ECPs
- Provide Design/Integration Subject Matter Expertise on fielded ISR, Communications, or C2 Systems
- BS in Electrical Engineering, MS preferred.
- A minimum of seven years of experience in developing E/0 sensor, communication, and/or radar systems is required.
- Working knowledge in system-level development, requirements definition, analysis, and risk mitigation for complex systems used on accredited programs.
- Experience with Verification and Validation requirements.
- Experience as a lead engineer, project engineer, or IPT lead is required.
- Experience developing requirements for accredited systems is required.
- Experience generating requirements using Model-Based Systems engineering and/or DOORS is preferred.
- Experience developing systems and general engineering processes and procedures is a plus.
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills for interfacing with senior management and customers as well as mentoring other engineers.
- Active Secret Clearance
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com